Sunday 10 June 2018

Challenge 9 - Where the Wild Things Are

According to a new study, the hallowed practice of bedtime reading is falling by the wayside — and that some quarter of a million children do not own a single book. This is a terrible shame, as regular bedtime stories have been shown to increase children’s performance in school, and are also awesome and can help create strong lifetime bonds, both with literature and with parents.

Quiet Please Crafters! You’re in The Library now.

You can be inspired by :
The cover
or
The title
or
The story
Challenge 9 is Where the Wild Things Are by Maurice Sendak which is a children's picture book first published in 1963. It's got a naughty child in a wolf costume, it's got a boat and an island and it's got monsters!

Here's how The Librarian interpreted this challenge: 





more details on my blog 

Please do check the schedule in the side-bar. Challenge 8 (Breakfast at Tiffany's  )  will remain open for another week and I'll be back on June 23rd  with my 'Librarian's Choice' - projects which caught my eye. 

I hope you will join The Library. 



2 comments:

  1. Fabulous cards, Marina! I'm patting myself on the back that I guessed correctly. Always love this book, but sadly it's one I very very difficult to use with a group of children. Always much better one-to-one for some reason. Another brilliant choice of inspiration. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember reading this as a kid and I just saw the movie the other night (^_^) …

    ReplyDelete