Sunday 23 June 2019

Challenge 36 - The Rainbow

An Unrushed Walk Through A Very Different Time - The Rainbow by D.H. Lawrence | Byte The Book

Quiet Please Crafters! You’re in The Library now.

You can be inspired by :
The cover
or
The title
or
The story

This time our book is The Rainbow  by DH Lawrence. The Rainbow - a story of relationships over several generations of a family - was very daring when it was published in 1915 and was banned by a court order at the time. 

Here's what The Librarian came up with: 



More details on my blog. 

This challenge will close on 13th July. 

 Challenge 35  (To The Lighthouse) will remain open for another week.

I hope you'll join The Library.

5 comments:

  1. Your description makes me want to read it all the more, Marina! I do love a creamy version of card... I'm intrigued by that cover, too!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover! Need to check in to this novel as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love 'Sons & Lovers' by Lawrence, but I haven't read this one.
    It's definitely going on my list.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, I'm having trouble linking, I've tried everything I can think of. I keep getting an "internal server error"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather - your link is there, it's just that the thumbnail isn't showing. I tried to fix it and I got an error message too! I think it might be Linky Tools as I had the same problem earlier on another blog. I'll try again later.

      Delete